The Albino Squirrels

Friday, May 30, 2014

Second Friday!

Retroactively posting this due to being lazy, and lacking of time due to the various events that have occurred these past few days/week and a half.

So to update on what I've been doing. I met the research group and professor I'm going to be working under around a week ago and have been spending this past week learning much regarding condensed matter physics, and realizing I am severely underprepared for the work I am undertaking, but have spent much time attempting to catch up. The other students and staff here from what I've been introduced to consists of Master's track students, PhD tracks, and post-Doc's working on interconnected topics all under the idea of topological insulators. Still attempting to learn entirely what it is, and how to do an eli5 on a more fundamental level.

Besides the large amount of time I am spending in the office learning, and reading, I've gotten to know a few of the graduate and post-Docs and they are seem very helpful in being able to explain things to me and understanding of my lack of knowledge in this field. Even though it is a daunting thought to step into an office and be working alongside people who have spent much of their lives devoted to this field I hope to be able to come out of this experience knowing much more.

A bit of a more bland post, though I hope to be able to make better ones as time goes on. Though if you care to follow more my own personal life, my personal blog and flickr album are linked at the end to stay updated visually!

Personal Blog! - http://jordazwurzburg.wordpress.com/
Flickr! - https://flic.kr/s/aHsjYCJf8T


 photo josephsig-1.png


No comments:

Post a Comment