The Albino Squirrels

Friday, May 30, 2014

Day 5 - I wanted to find a hat, but all I got were pretty pictures.


I couldn't find a decent hat.
"My picture of the day was either going to be these locks, or me in a hat." 

So today I was set on finding a hat. Yesterday was a terrible, cloudy and slightly drizzling day. An annoying drizzle where one doesn't really need an umbrella or anything of that sort, but not annoying enough where one could not simply get around by just walking in this drizzle. From what I've experienced so far, this is a fairly common occurrence that happens here (today marks the first day I've seen the sun at all in Germany...). So instead of lugging around a heavy umbrella everywhere, I wanted to find a hat. A nice Gatsby hat, or a flat hat. Something good looking that would keep my head out of the rain.

On our quest to find a hat (I had met up with Numa and Thomas after doing some various chores that needed to be done), we found plenty of places around the city. We found the city's nerd shop (<3), the gummy bear store, and a place to find a pot for Thomas. Oh, we also found the bridge. Doing some research, it's the Main Bridge, and it was absolutely beautiful. We had a great view of the Old Bridge and the Fortress and the cathedral right behind us. But that isn't my picture of the day. More interestingly, we found locks. A bunch of locks. A bunch of them locked to the bridge with initials of romance and love and I'm guessing promises to never be apart. I found dates going back tens of years, and honestly, that's pretty awesome. I still find it a shame I couldn't find a hat though.

 photo josephsig-1.png


No comments:

Post a Comment