The Albino Squirrels

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Meet Numa

Hi! I'm Numa, and I just finished my third year as a Physics and Chemistry student at The University of Texas at Austin.

I'm spending my summer researching with Dr. Martin Kamp on the spectroscopy of semiconducting nano-structures. His group focuses on the spectroscopy of single quantum dots (often in combination with optical cavities) and polaritons. I don't find out what I'll be working on specifically until I get there, so that's something to look forward to. :)

The last time I went to Europe was when I was seven and the only thing I distinctly remember is being terrified of the clowns at Disneyland Paris. So needless to say, I can't wait to explore Germany (and hopefully travel a bit around Europe as well!).

 photo numasig.png

No comments:

Post a Comment