The Albino Squirrels

Monday, May 19, 2014

Meet Miquela

Hi! I'm Miquela! I just finished my 3rd year at UT, and I'm very excited about the trip to Germany! I'm going to be working with a professor on black holes! According to my professor: "We do optical AGN observations with telescopes both here in Wuerzburg and in other places. Our main focus is the search for black hole binaries by identifying periodic brightness variations." This is kind of similar to the research that my group in Austin does, so that's encouraging! Regarding Germany, I'm looking forward to exploring the city and meeting lots of new people. I've also heard that there's really good ice cream, so I'm planning to try it at least a few times!

We leave in just a few short days, and we'll finally get to experience what all of our hard work has led up to. It's going to be awesome!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment