The Albino Squirrels

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Day 23 - Embracing a city of scientists.

I was told to have a picture of me in a hat today, but no hat is to be found.
"City of young researchers Würzburg"

Everyday as I walk in and out of the Mensa (our cafeteria), I see this inconspicuous wall print on the side of the building. Usually it's just some person's graffiti or something not-important like that, but something just drew me to this. Maybe it was the picture of the child reaching up for some books. Doing some research, the phrase "stadt der jungen forscher würzburg" translates to something along the lines of "City of young researchers Würzburg". It apparently is a science conference for Germany where people come from all around to have a symposium type thing to share with others their own science. I find it fitting that I find a small pull towards something like this. Even when the sign is in a different language, I can feel a connection to it as a young scientist researching for the future.

 photo josephsig-1.png



No comments:

Post a Comment