The Albino Squirrels

Friday, June 13, 2014

Day 19 - Chillin' on the Beach.


Despite it looking like I was by myself, I was actually surrounded by a fairly large group of German girls.
"MUFFINS!"
So I've been doing a lot of thinking the past few days. A lot of personal reflection of the people I'm around, the way I treat people, the way other people treat me, and I've come to a few personal conclusions that I'll spare the fairly uninteresting details about. Tonight was a night where quite a bit was put out on the table, and I'm glad I was able to spend some of this time here. I briefly mentioned it in my last post, but Wurzburg has its own beach! It's a neat little man-made beach running along the edge of the river that runs through the city. It's full of places to sit, things to drink, things to eat, among other common beach-like activities. It became quite cool tonight compared to the horrendous heat wave that struck in the past few days. Sitting by the river, my feet in the sand, the breeze blowing in my face with the audible sound of incomprehensible German around me... It was a fun time to think about the world. 

By the way, if you're wondering about my caption for today, these three young German girls (all looking no older than ten) came up to us and offered balls of wet sand. Apparently they were making muffins. I humored them and accepted their peace offering of cold, sandy foods... even if I didn't know what it was at first.

 photo josephsig-1.png


No comments:

Post a Comment