The Albino Squirrels

Monday, June 16, 2014

Day 21 - Exhaustion.


There are a million of these bottles on my desk...
"Sleeping..."
So after yesterday's adventure Nürnberg, my body was literally telling me not to move. We walked maybe five or six miles in the span of a few hours, and I wasn't wearing the proper shoes for such an adventure. Completely my fault, but I like my Converse. Anyways, today was a day spent to me chilling in my dorm by myself, which honestly hasn't happened very often since coming here to Germany. I actually think it's taken three weeks for me to spend a day by myself here. That's exciting. Anyways, the picture for today may not seem all too interesting, but you are mistaken! It's only slightly uninteresting!

The water here in Germany isn't free. Water from the taps is weird to drink. Everything in Germany from the water to the apple juice to the sports drinks are carbonated. If that wasn't a culture shock for me, I don't know what was since coming here. If someone wanted to get non-carbonated water, one would have to specifically buy still-water. So after three weeks of carbonation, I have actually grown a taste for carbonated drinks after specifically vowing myself off them in the states since new years. Yeah, it was weird. Shown above is the classic mineral water, full of carbonation and added elements, and something we're more familiar with, uncarbonated water. Yeah, I don't blame you if you don't think today was interesting. It wasn't meant to be.
 photo josephsig-1.png


No comments:

Post a Comment